New York City
Primary Purpose of Position:
- Manage the direction and oversight of engineering operations for existing assets, new development and acquisition projects in assigned regional portfolio.
- Overall responsibility for the operations, maintenance and modifications of all building mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, fire protection, roofs and facades.
- Supervise the Capital Expense process to include activities such as developing an on-going five-year plan, assisting in the determination of need and providing oversight of carrying out the plan related to building systems and infrastructure.
- Perform preliminary feasibility analysis for proposed capital projects.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive training program related to building systems for the property management and engineering staff.
- Provide supplemental supervision, direction and assistance to building engineering staff.
- Develop outline specifications and recommendations for capital projects that involve mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Manage all Chemical Treatment Processes and recommend changes and/or corrective actions. Oversee NYC legionella compliance for cooling towers.
- Perform new and existing building plan and specification review including tenant improvement projects and conduct on-site inspections of projects.
- Provide engineering review of proposed improvements to regional properties and advise senior management of recommendations.
- Coordinate all Building Automation System operations including: new systems, upgrades and service agreements.
- Provide interface and serve as a point of contact with regional leasing department on technical matters relating to lease accommodations at new and existing properties.
- Provide oversight of the preventative maintenance, loss control and service call programs.
- Participate in the review of existing facilities and the due diligence review of planned acquisitions.
- Coordinate energy compliance and conservation, along with corporate indoor air quality programs.
- Manage the region’s Competitive Energy purchases.
- Develop and coordinate discount purchasing programs related to building mechanical and plant operations
- Assist in the development of engineering staff to include performance management and on going professional development opportunities.
- Participate in the solicitation of bid proposals concerning Fire Alarm, Emergency Power Systems, HVAC, Elevators, Plumbing Systems and general building infrastructure.
- Maintain and refine a documented preventative maintenance and service call program for all building systems.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for the engineering teams and take steps to assure quality and efficiency of performance.
- Oversee code compliance of building equipment/systems including but not limited to OSHA, Fire Alarm, Emergency Power Systems, HVAC, Elevators, Plumbing Systems and general building infrastructure.
- Oversee compliance with all local laws, including, 26,33,84,87,88,97 and 152
- Assist in the development, updating and implementation of building emergency/contingency plans and coordinate the participation of engineering personnel
- Oversee implementation of Program in assigned properties.
- Manage the regions participation in corporate sustainability programs, including green power procurement, renewable energy credits and GRESB submittals.
- Have a working knowledge of NFPA codes, specifically NFPA 13( sprinklers), and 25( standpipes)
- Ability to manage and direct outside engineering consultants.
- Represent company as an active member of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), and other organizations as appropriate.
- Actively participate in assigned company-wide task force initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS degree in engineering, with commercial real estate experience
- A minimum of 10- 15 years of progressively responsible facilities engineering experience required in a first class commercial office environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of national/local codes and regulations required.
- Knowledgeable in ADA and OSHA requirements for training and general industry.
- Strong communications and organizational skills. Ability to prepare and facilitate presentations.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team member or leader.
- Ability to organize, set priorities and motivate others.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of multiple tasks/situations with both creativity and resourcefulness.
- Proficiency with computers and related business software, database and spreadsheet packages to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Bluebeam
- LEED qualifications desired
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Vision ability must allow the reading of printed materials, and drawings.
- May be required to stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and/or ladders, work at heights and in environments with wide ambient and conditioned temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Travel between buildings is required.
- This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Property Management who provides supervision, guidance and evaluates work performance on a periodic basis.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.