Director of Property Management
Our client, an Owner and Manager of NYC Residential Rental & Commercial properties is looking for a ‘Director of Property Management’. The Director will be accountable for the management aspects of the assigned properties including preparing, implementing and adhering to the approved plan and budget for the properties, developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with the occupants and supervising the day-to-day activities of the Building Managers, Supers, maintenance and other building staff and contract services and project/construction activities. The portfolio consists of approximately 3,000 units of stabilized and fair market apartments in the Tri State area and some retail and one commercial buildings. The position woks out of the Queens office.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years working in real estate within residential and commercial property management in NYC.
- Must have knowledge and experience with financial accounting in real estate, financial reporting and budgeting.
- Hands-on experience with base building construction projects.
- Hands-on experience with overseeing apartment turnover work.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience directly supervising and managing a staff including experience in planning and assigning work, performance assessments, training, hiring, discipline and development.
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.
- Strong Customer service/tenant relation skill required.
- Excellent communication skills (written reports/analysis and oral presentation).
- 4 year College Degree Preferred
- Energetic, Personable & able to prioritize assigned duties
- Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the properties to ensure that all the site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are consistent with the Ownership’s overall objectives.
- Prepares annual budget, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and leasing activity reports for the Ownership.
- Conducts formal site inspections on a routine basis as needed in compliance with established standard operating policies and procedures.
- Monitors and enforces the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and collection of rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases
- Bears primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all site-specific documentation including but not limited to property’s information book, site operating manual and emergency operations manual.
- Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships with occupants ensuring that all services and needs are met and in compliance with lease agreements.
- Conducts periodic visits, inspections and surveys and develops and implements effective tenant retention program.
- Hires, trains and supervises a qualified team of building, administrative and maintenance staff for the properties to promote efficient and cost effective operation.
- Participates in the negotiation of service contracts with outside vendors to achieve the highest levels of performance at the lowest cost.
- Performs other related duties as requested and required.
Our client is looking for a ‘Team Player’ with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude. Excellent benefits are being offered
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.