New York City
VP Director of Accounting
A NYC Developer, Owner and Manager of Class ‘A’ Real Estate is looking for a ‘Vice President, Director of Accounting’ to oversee and manage a team of 8 to 10 people and all accounting operations and special projects. The portfolio includes Luxury Commercial, Residential and Retail Properties. The successful candidate will be a hands-on self-starter and possess excellent interpersonal and management skills. A CPA accreditation is a ‘plus’ and in-depth knowledge of YARDI software is a ‘must’.
The successful candidate will direct the financial affairs of the organization and prepare financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The position is responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position involves supervision over property accounting, internal auditing, and budgetary controls.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Work closely with executive management to identify areas to reduce costs and liabilities and ensure the company complies with financial regulations. Review financial statements to determine the company’s financial health and communicate solutions
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting This individual recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the Department
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets
- Establishes major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepares reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyzes and reports variances
- Implement and strengthen internal controls and accounting infrastructure to keep pace with growth strategy
- Analyze trends to reduce financial risks associated with making investment and/or spending decisions
- Is responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions
- Evaluates and recommends insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities
- The Controller has the final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major; Master’s Degree and CPA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Real Estate Development and Constructing Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance; Masters and CPA preferred
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Proactive, team player and influential manager leading accounting team
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of assignments
- Strong leadership experience, ability to take on and drive initiatives
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize deadlines and work in a high energy team-oriented environment
- Ability to prepare, review and analyze financial statements
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have ethical mindset
- Get it Done attitude Strong sense of ownership
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; Yardi software experience is required
- Ability to lead department and individuals
- Previous project management experience required
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.