Primary Purpose of Position:
Maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, and perform a variety of tenant services while maintaining positive tenant relations in accordance with established operational and safety procedures.
This is a Non-Union Position
- Maintain, repair, and ensure the efficient operation of all building systems. Building systems include HVAC, water treatment, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
- Perform or supervise the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repairing of complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Review and coordinate work assignments, plan work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment, and materials. Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner. Oversee the work of Engineers, Maintenance Technicians and Utility Workers.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employ service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs.
- Operate all equipment, power, and hand tools in a safe and efficient manner. Care for assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms.
- Keep the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized, and safe.
- Inspect all areas of the building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement.
- Monitor contractors, inspect work and generate deficiency lists.
- Administer necessary inventory control programs to ensure adequate spare parts and material inventories
- Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs.
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers in a positive and timely manner.
- Assist in instituting and administering policies and procedures established by Engineering Management.
- Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including snow and ice removal) power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available.
Region/Building Specific Functions:
- Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of more junior personnel.
- Pursue employee development objectives recommended by the Chief Engineer and/or Property Manager.
- Assist in the administration of the properties’ impairment and loss prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Building Engineer or equivalent field experience.
- Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
- License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment:
- HVAC Masters license, preferred
- SMT Certification or enrollment in a program, preferred
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Position requires expertise with centrifugal chillers and direct digital controls.
- Continuing education in field with a minimum of one advanced training course successfully completed each year.
- Excellent technical and problem solving abilities.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to coordinate work efficiently and optimize the performance of others.
- Excellent computer skills necessary to operate and diagnose problems associated with Building Automation Systems.
- Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC, and Life Safety codes.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, and use arms to perform tasks
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to taste and smell
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance and climb stairs & ladders
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally required to lift/move 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception
- Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.
Internal and External Contacts:
Regularly interfaces with tenants, various staff, vendors, construction professionals and consultants.
The Lead Building Engineer will receive supervision and direction from the Chief Engineer. In the absence of a Chief Engineer, (i) the Building/Operations Manager and/or Property Manager will provide supervision, direction and assistance to the Lead Engineer and (ii) the Director of Engineering will provide supplemental direction and assistance to the Lead Engineer.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT email@example.com
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.