New York City
POSITION TITLE: Corporate Accountant
REPORTS TO: SVP – Director of Accounting and Reporting
Our client is a national investor in affordable housing. Working with local, regional, and national partners, they invest as an equity partner and originates long-term mortgages. They are a double bottom-line organization that provides an appropriate risk-adjusted return to its shareholders while preserving affordable housing across the U.S, with approximately 37,000 units. They are seeking a Corporate Accountant to join its Finance and Accounting department.
- Analyze the monthly and quarterly financial packages of a selection of company’s equity investments and resolve any issues by communicating with the Asset Management team, as well as with the relevant personnel at the respective JV partners and/or property management companies
- Calculate the quarterly equity in earnings from a selection of company’s equity investments
- Track accounts receivable, including various fees received on debt deals; journalize activity
- Maintain the general ledger (MRI), including preparation of journal entries, account analyses, and bank reconciliations
- Calculate and reconcile monthly interest and fees for company’s lines of credit
- Provide information to the independent auditors during the annual audit and external tax personnel during the annual tax return preparation process
- Assist in calculating company’s quarterly dividend distribution amounts and initiate the related bank transfers
- Assist in quarterly closing of company’s books, including GL analysis and lead sheet set up
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual compliance reporting on bank lines and federal grants
- Assist in preparation of information for the quarterly Audit Committee and Board of Directors meetings
- Maintain new and existing vendors by gathering the relevant bank information and applicable tax forms
- Create and maintain accurate wire and ACH banking templates within the banking software system
- Initiate intrabank cash transfers to fund company’s semi-monthly payroll and prepare the relevant journal entries
- Manage payment of vendor invoices and related accounting by accurately reviewing, coding, and processing
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting; real estate experience or exposure to real estate is required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of MRI Software a strong plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-motivated individual; independent worker
- High degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Flexibility and adaptability to assume additional responsibilities and accommodate ad hoc requests from senior management and/or investors
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.