New York City
Assistant Property Manager
Assistant Property Manager
Great opportunity to work with an Owner Developer of Class A Commerical Office Buildings in NYC. These reputable, and seasoned real estate professionals are committed to growing their portfolio. This is a great role for a Tenant Coordinator, Assistant Building Manager, or Executive Assistant to take the next step in their career.
The Assistant Property Manager performs advanced administrative duties requiring broad experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices specific to our Property Management standards. In conjunction with the Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for maintaining good working relationship with tenants and employees, providing assistance or directing them to the appropriate department to resolve questions or issues.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist Property Management in promoting, establishing and maintaining positive relations with the tenants and with the day-to-day operations of the property
- Respond to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Answer the property management office phones in a courteous, professional, customer service oriented manner
- Interface with company personnel and outside parties to coordinate meetings, conference calls and appointments
- Processing building payroll for Property Manager review
- Keep tenant manuals and building rules and regulations up to date
- Assign work orders and ensure they are being closed in a timely manner
- Communicate reported building issues to Property Manager and Chief Engineer
- Maintain accurate and updated vendor and tenant contact information
- Maintain vendor and tenant certificates of insurance
- Assist Property Manager, Chief Engineer and Superintendents in overtime staff scheduling/tracking as it relates to after hour staff coverage
- Assist with the scheduling of contractor work (fire drills, window washing, building shutdowns, etc.) and coordinate with tenants
- Coordinate tenant alteration request procedures and organization of tenant drawings and ensure adherence to building rules and regulations
- Assist with planning of holiday and special events such as welcome breakfasts, holiday drives, and ice cream socials
- Prepare memos and all building correspondence to and from owners, tenants, vendors and management
- Maintain lease files on all properties, including lease abstracts, rent rolls, stacking plans, and tenant certificates of insurance
- Maintain files on daily maintenance logs, contractual obligations, and answering service logs
- Monitor and order general office supplies as needed
- Open all mail, federal express, airborne, UPS and DHL packages and sort/distribute accordingly
- Maintain employee attendance records according to union requirements
- Manage card access system including changes in building access for holidays, order key blanks,
- Manage staff access into tenant spaces Financial
- Execute prompt accurate billing of tenant work orders for billable services on monthly basis
- Prepare tenant service charges for Property Manager
- Manage accounts payable and ensure accuracy of invoicing and timely deliverables of payments
- Assist Property Manager in budgeting and variance reporting
- Other duties as deemed necessary by property management staff to assist in the professional, cost effective, efficient management of the property
- Excellent computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office and Excel is required
- Superb interpersonal skills coupled with effective oral and written skills are required
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks
- Team player with the ability to work independently as required
- Excellent organizational skills
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.