Our Client, a NYC Class B Commercial Property Owner/Manager and Leasing Company based in Mid-Town, is looking for a NYC Portfolio Manager to oversee 3 Commercial Office buildings totaling 300K sq. ft. in the Garment District.
- Develops and implements strategies for building maintenance and improvement to minimize costs, maintain maximum revenues and enhance the value of our Clients properties.
- Responsible for the effective management and coordination of building staff activities and available resources in order to achieve successful operation of the properties.
- Develops, supervises and coaches property team members to maximize performance.
- Is responsible for tenant relations, making sure building facilities exceed tenant expectations and that problems are resolved quickly and well.
The Portfolio Manager is charged with:
- Supporting management’s efforts in the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed, and well maintained buildings,
- Placing maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs.
The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the properties including:
- Accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, snow removal, etc.
- Handles tenant complaints and service requests.
- Must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases.
- Establishes specific standards for the performance of the overall portfolio and each building in the portfolio, and sets procedures in place to ensure standards are maintained
- Conducts periodic inspections of the properties and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the properties.
- Supervises staff in management of all building operational requirements, including, but not limited to: HVAC, elevator maintenance, cleaning and all scheduled and unscheduled repair and maintenance projects.
- Supervises tenant improvements, maintenance and repair requests such as build-outs, office re-configurations, lock changes, window issues, HVAC issues, etc.
- Creates and maintains a short- and long-term maintenance schedule for all buildings.
- Bids service contracts and approves winning bids on small service projects. Advises senior management in the selection of suppliers and formulation of contract on substantial capital improvements, including, but not limited to: tenant build-outs, roof replacement, exterior inspections, new HVAC and elevator replacements. Reviews bids, makes recommendations to management, finalizes service contracts reflecting proposals, and oversees construction and project managers to ensure that all maintenance, repairs, and new building initiatives are carried out efficiently, economically, professionally, and in a timely fashion.
- Has overall facilities responsibility for the Client corporate office and other office spaces.
- Acts as Fire Safety Director/EAP Director and supervises Deputy Fire Safety Directors. Inspects and remediates any potential fire safety issues.
- Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Experience with Local Law 11
- Capital Project Management Experiance
- Is responsible for compliance with all building codes and supervises remediation of any alleged code violations to obtain certificates of correction, including participation, as needed, in administrative proceedings regarding alleged code violations.
- Manages relationships with governmental agencies and insures compliance with all local laws and fire department regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge: Building, Fire, Electrical, and Plumbing Codes; Basic Engineering Principles; Intermediate Excel; and financial management software.
- Skills: Project Management, Negotiation, Managing Employee and Contractor Performance, Written and Verbal Communication, Budget Management, Time Management, Conflict Management, RFP preparation and Bid Analysis.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis on business and/or real estate.
- Preferred: Engineering credentials.
- Required: 6+ years of commercial property management of multiple buildings managing a staff of 10 or more.
- Fire Safety Director a plus
This position is 4 days in the office Friday remote.
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.