Director of Operations
As a member of the leadership team, the Director of Operations will be responsible for the efficient management and operation of residential and commercial properties. Your primary goal is to maximize property value and income while ensuring tenant satisfaction and smooth day-to-day operation.
- Property Management
- Responsible for all aspects of property management across 18+ operating properties totaling 714,000+
- sqft of commercial space and 166+ apartments all located in New Jersey
- Oversee a property administrator and a maintenance team of 6+
- Procure quotes and proposals for services and capital improvements
- Ensure all preventative and routine maintenance occurs
- Negotiate service contracts to keep operating costs as low as possible
- Oversee service vendors to ensure work is performed to satisfaction
- Review and approve invoices in Yardi Breeze Premier
- Professionally communicate and build great relationships with tenants; handle tenant inquiries, concerns,
- and complaints in a timely and courteous manner
- Be able to read and interpret a lease to answer tenant questions
- Assist tenants with build-outs and oversee landlord work as needed
- Availability on an as-needed basis to handle after hours or weekend emergencies
- Conduct regular property inspections to identify and address maintenance issues
- Oversee leasing efforts using 3rd party brokers; focus will be on residential leasing
- Conduct tenant screenings, lease negotiations and lease renewals
- Regularly report to owner the status of upcoming vacancies and steps taken to keep properties full;
- collaborate with brokers and advise ownership on leasing strategies
- Coordinate the move in and move out processes with the maintenance team
- Oversee the maintenance team to ensure any vacant commercial spaces are gutted and cleaned up to
- be leased timely
10+ years with experience with both residential and commercial properties
Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation a plus
Strong communication and organization skills
Motivation to build out processes and make a difference at a growing company
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Please submit Resume in A WORD DOCUMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are available on Zoom, Skype and or FaceTime.
Please no phone calls.